Designation: Key Account Manager
Years of experience Required: 8-12 Years
The key account manager is responsible for handling the most important client accounts in a company. These accounts make up the highest percentage of company income, and the key account manager must build and maintain a strong relationship with the client. They will be the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for client are met, and help the client succeed. The key account manager will also bring in new business from existing clients or contacts, and will develop new relationships with potential clients.
- Developing trust relationships with a portfolio of major clients to ensure they do not turn to competition.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Resolving key client issues and complaints.
- The Key Account Manager is also responsible for the generation of business in the assigned accounts as well as the attainment of new accounts for the business.
- The Key Account Manager also plays an analytical role where he prepares detailed proposals/quotes depending on each consumer’s requirements.
- Expanding the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams.
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust.
- Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics.
- Collaborating with sales team to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling.
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training.
- Meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines.
- Analysing client data to provide customer relationship management.
- Expanding relationships and bringing in new clients.