The current day automobiles demand computing power and electronic features
Today, almost all the vehicle is enabled by electronic components and with its underlying electrical and electronic architecture. Engine management, braking, steering, infotainment, and other comfort and convenience features rely on the electrical and electronic systems. Embedded software has also come to play a dominant role in vehicle functionality. Modern cars contain millions of lines of code that make up applications for everything from the most advanced infotainment and passive safety features to the automatic door locks.
While, OEMs are making large investments to bring key areas of development, such as software, vehicle architecture in-house. OEMs improves the ownership experience with routine software updates to improve system performance and fix latent issues, therefore it becomes more important that they are equipped with the right infrastructure and tools to manage, track their development and software versions from requirement gathering to design, develop, testing, deployment and version control. This will help OEM to offer entirely new functionalities that customers can purchase, thus extending the life or increasing the performance and value of their vehicle.
Key advantages of OEM
Create compatibility with the growing software and hardware complexity
Maintain a single source of truth (SSOT)
Ensure seamless software integration across all the phases of the ALM process
Track and handle complete product lifecycle management applications
Visual and cognitive representation of the process flow
There is arguably no industry that has been more disrupted in the last decade than automotive. Electric cars, automotive driving, emissions control, shared economy, digital-only auto sellers, changing consumer needs and demands — are just some of the disruptions the industry has had to respond to in the last few years. With the now “New Normal” the industry is going to see more changes in the customer engagement and buying behavior.
Having said that, it is believed that automotive industry is undergoing massive digital transformation as by 2030, cars will be more connected, autonomous, shared, and electric.
Innovation & Technology
ALM / ELM
The use of embedded systems in the fields of Automotive, Healthcare, Manufacturing is bringing about a ocean of changes to manage the continuous demand within the industry and customer request. With the onset of the Internet of things (IoT), the scope and complexity within embedded systems has grown multifold. Embedded Development has a wide range of use in the current high demand concept of smart electronics and connected devices which are built around IoT, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
MicroGenesis has been supporting this vertical with its niche expertise into
- Requirement Engineering
- Product engineering
- Software and Firmware development
- ZQuality Assurance
Innovation & Technology
The ability to capture every minute details from the requirement gathering of a project to deployment has been the core value proposition of MicroGenesis. The MicroGenesis team helps its customer to envisage their Digital Transformation through dedicated workshops, walkthroughs, Proof of concept.
ALM / ELM
Reducing the change implementation cycle enables OEMs to bring new vehicles to market more quickly, a key competitive advantage for companies operating in a very contentious market. MicroGenesis helps automotive manufacturers and their suppliers in shortening the development cycles by bringing Application Lifecycle management (ALM) or Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) solution
Our offerings make us unique
We offer our clients application lifecycle management services in the form of ALM solutions
Installation, Upgradation & Migration
Data migration is an integral part of application lifecycle management consulting. Implementation of an ALM solution is incomplete without migration of the on-going projects from open-source or third-party applications to the ALM platform. We have years of experience in data migration to optimize the ALM process opted by our clients while also suggesting improvement for better usage of the additional features available in the ALM solutions.
Cross-tool integration is critical within the ALM process in either obtaining end-to-end metrics or trying to integrate disparate tools to improve collaboration and reduce duplication of effort. We offer our expertise in developing integration adapters and bridges to integrate third-party applications, homegrown solutions, open-source tools, and legacy tools.
Plugins & Extensions
We encourage plugins and extensions with the objective to provide additional functionality as well as to modify core functionality. It enhances the existing features and capability of the ALM solutions. We at MicroGenesis have the required expertise and extensive experience in developing and implementing plugins.
Model Based System Engineering
Our ALM solutions offering contains an exclusive program of educating our clients on the innumerable benefits and the overall importance of model-based system engineering (MBSE) through training sessions and complete handholding until the implementation process.
Consulting, Customization & Implementation
We offer advisory and engineering services across domains in the form of the following;
- Setting up lifecycle-based project areas based on industry specific standards in the ALM applications
- Customizing the project areas ELM applications as per the customer requirement to create custom artefacts, attributes, work item types, workflows, etc
- Create UML, SysML based designs in Rhapsody and RSA
- Design RPE based report templates to publish customer specific reports
- Design dashboards and live widgets using JRS and publish the same in the ELM applications
- Regular upgrade to latest versions and patches
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Regular application and database backup monitoring
- Enablement sessions for new team members
- RTRT based TDP development and customization
- DXL scripting for IBM Rational DOORS
Installation, Upgradation and Migration
The installation process of ALM solutions is complex and time-consuming and we assist in managing the complex deployment of the applications based on the available infrastructure and recommended topologies.
- Departmental topologies
- Enterprise topologies
- Federated topologies
- Customized topologies
Along with the license, we offer certain value-added services that assist our clients to embrace the ALM platform. The following are the services that help to embed the ALM process within the client organization.
- Pre-installation assessment
- Application rollout
- Deployment of the license keys
- Testing and validation of the environment
- One-time enablement on the purchased solution
- Online support during the license tenure
We offer our clients application lifecycle management services in the form of ALM solutions. To ensure a successful ALM roll out by leveraging our courses on ALM solutions. To unlock the full potential of ALM solutions, we provide training on IBM ELM, IBM Rational (legacy), Siemens Polarion, Intland CodeBeamer and Atlassian solutions.
Below is the detailed list of training we provide on the ALM solutions
- IBM Rational DOORS / IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS
- IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation / IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next Generation
- IBM Rational Rhapsody / IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody
- IBM Rational Team Concert / IBM Engineering Workflow Management
- IBM Rational quality manager / IBM Engineering Test Management
- IBM Rational Publishing Engine / IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization – Publishing
- IBM Rational ClearCase
- IBM Rational ClearQuest
- IBM Rational Rose
- IBM Rational Functional Tester
- IBM Rational Performance Tester
- IBM Appscan
- IBM Urban Code
- Siemens Polarion – ALM
- Siemens Polarion – RM
- Siemens Polarion – QM
- Intland CodeBanner – ALM
- Experience across diverse domains such as aerospace, defence, automobile, manufacturing, medical and IT.
- Hands-on experience in working with multiple ALM competency partners
- Strong client base across geographies
- Training and complete handholding throughout the implementation process
- 2 levels of technical support (MicroGenesis & OEM)